Dogs of War Online reachers 100 members! (again)
Well the title says it all but we're back above 100 members again and everything else is going strong! Welcome to the newest members and if you're just out there lurking, why not sign up and join the fun?
Dogs of War 41-1-5 (Retired)
Tomb Kings 33-0-1 (Retired)

Uncharted Seas: Shroud Mages
Dystopian Wars: Prussian Empire
40K: Blood Angels & Imperial Guard

Check out my Blog at http://www.angelssanguine.blogspot.com

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Indeed congrats everyone. next is 200 then 500 as the next milestones.
Well, glad I could help!

I heard you guys suffered a major melt down a while back...
Congrats to everyone, We need to spread the word and get more people to join this fantastic site!
(08-13-2009, 07:48 AM)Lord Azaghul Wrote: Well, glad I could help!

I heard you guys suffered a major melt down a while back...

Indeed we did:
http://dogsofwaronline.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1:P
If it dies again, do we get to sacrifice the webmaster? Wink
[Image: tewksburybeforethebattlebanner.jpg]

Quote:Tribun Wrote:
Is it because we are all Pirates deep inside, or what's the reason every Thread ends in insults, confrontation and duelling??
(08-13-2009, 09:32 AM)Uryens de Crux Wrote: If it dies again, do we get to sacrifice the webmaster? Wink

No the Hosting Company.
[Image: cdosig.gif]
[Image: SignatureEditor.jpg]

Keeper of the lost pdfs of Games Workshop.
are you sure, you can never blame enough people. Wink

Is it because we are all Pirates deep inside, or what's the reason every Thread ends in insults, confrontation and duelling??
Heh um sure if you want the site to go kaput.

In a lot of ways it actually made thing much better in the long run. I'm taking a much more disciplined approach to adding features. I have not gone onto a new feature without having what I was working on functional first, it's been my new mantra for the site. While it sucked the site got hosed behind the scenes everything is running much, much better and with less clutter. In a short time we will be right back to where we were in terms of user base.

Most nights I'm doing something, tweaking this or that or coordinating with the likes of Xander or Servius.

Now with all that said there are further updates like bumping the version of MyBB and the theme but again planning and careful backups first.

Lastly I am strongly considering moving the site to a new host come January.
Willmark, I just want to say, its and excellently designed site and very easy to get around, well done!
I am of course (and I hope you know) am speaking in jest, you guys do an awesome job Smile

I couldnt do it, and nor would I want to but I am exceedingly grateful to you for it.

No worries guys I understood you intentions.
But are you going to tell them about all the chickens we had to sacrifice to get it back?

I mean all the hard work it took Big Grin
This is my Admin voice, when i use it i am invoking the power of the great Moderating Lords. Learn to fear it mortals!
I wondered what happened!

Now, I have to go back and find my nice avatar.....where did I locate that before.....
Welcome Back Vinnie.
[Image: cdosig.gif]
[Image: SignatureEditor.jpg]

Keeper of the lost pdfs of Games Workshop.
YES!

I found it! I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like a TOTAL PACKAGE NOW!!!
(08-16-2009, 02:43 PM)Baumann Wrote: But are you going to tell them about all the chickens we had to sacrifice to get it back?

I mean all the hard work it took Big Grin

You only sacrificed chickens? Five of my local Redshirts were thrown into a sacrificial pit on Albion... I told the Gods that if they didn't get our site back up soon I'd send more of them to join them. After a while they couldn't take all the pestering to buy the newest Codex and spearhead and agreed that the site would return.

Easier than the CDO crash though, then we had to sacrifice Tallhat...[/injoke]
Hooray! Round of rums for all present!
(09-09-2009, 11:19 AM)Sharkbelly Wrote: Hooray! Round of rums for all present!

Just for the ones old enough! Milk for the restTongue
Congrats everyone we are back to 200 members again. Next milestone is 500. For reference the old dogsofwar.tv site folded at just over 200 members so we are doing well.

On a related not some of my time is now freed up so I can devote a bit more time to the site. Plus I will advertising the latest Issue of the Word of Hashut web wide shortly so I imagine there will be some more traffic here soon Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dogs of War Online 3.0 Willmark 28 13,004 02-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  Dogs of War Site Rules Willmark 0 2,069 02-06-2016, 03:23 PM
  The Dogs of War Wiki Willmark 0 1,359 02-06-2016, 10:10 AM
  Future of Dogs of War Online - Now Secure! Willmark 8 9,142 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Last Post: dogsPaymaster
  Some Changes in the air for Dogs of War Online Willmark 5 7,415 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Baumann
  Dogs of War Online v2.0 Status Update Willmark 112 103,005 03-06-2011, 09:17 PM
  Dogs of War Armybook Willmark 2 17,389 02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
  Dogs of War Online User Tags Willmark 9 10,486 01-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Last Post: DariusZero
  Gold and Glory - The Dogs of War Ezine Slick 17 18,866 01-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Last Post: BilboBaggins
  Dogs of War Online- Army Book play test list is here Baumann 2 4,985 09-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Slick