Iron Crowns
Dear Mercenary Lords,

Several of you had questions about a possible T9A mercenary faction, and here is some information about it:
The 9th Age definitely has plans to make a mercenary book. We can even reveal the title of the book here: the faction book will be called Iron Crowns.

We are not working on the Iron Crowns book at the moment, because the main rule-set and current 16 faction books take top priority, as well as the ongoing work on the creation of The 9th Age world with its background. But please know that the Iron Crowns book is definitely on our wish list! We currently plan and hope that the release will be somewhere in 2017.

As you know, we are a community driven game and very proud of that. To ensure the quality and balance of the game, we follow a specific procedure to create official The 9th Age supplements. One of the main reasons we all like to play The 9th Age is the quality of the rules, in combination with the internal balance of the faction books. As you might already know, the creation process for official supplements involves many teams, such as a rules team, an army book committee, an army support team, a balance board and a data analysis team. And a lot of coffee and nightly discussions, of course.

One of the great benefits about being a community driven game is having many enthusiastic players. It is those players, you, we'd like to thank for the results so far. Sometimes you create rules and books yourselves, eager to add a supplement. And even though we are often tempted to put an "official" stamp on those products, we are keen to follow the creation procedures to maintain the balance of the game. But each member of the community can also apply for a staff function and contribute that way.

Many of you were probably hoping for an earlier release. I am sorry to disappoint you but I assure you the Rules Team is working as hard as it can.
I will happily try to answer any questions you might have.

On behalf of The 9th Age staff
The 9th Age Social Media Team
Excellent news, keep us posted!
Any one want to discuss my ideas and concepts on what I have looked at so far drop me PM.

I have used the final 4.2 release and done some simple points conversion using alot of the raw math from the released army books. I would like to get a fresh set of eyes on it.

EdSteiner
Still hopeing to get a few souls to PM me so we can talk about 9th age and the Iron Crowns
As a long-idle Dogs of War player who has watched Ninth Age push Dogs of War away for over a year, this is not encouraging. At all.

You have 16 armies, and a 17th is not going to break anything. Especially when the bulk of the units are +1/-1 from existing units from other armies.

Coming here to tell us to wait another half year (or more!) is insulting.
Former Dogs of War General from 5th Edition Fantasy Battles, now retired
We haven't put out our first *built from scratch* book yet so don't expect an IC book any time soon.  Sorry but we do his for fun as opposed to getting paid so it is a slow process.
That's a crock.

If you're doing it for fun, then there's no reason why Mercs can't be done, too.
Former Dogs of War General from 5th Edition Fantasy Battles, now retired