Dogs of War 4.2 and RoR out now!
As promised, the "finished" version (reserving any obvious mistakes). This replaces the old 4.1 version, but in case you don't want to fiddle with the links, here's a bunch of direct downloads:

Dogs of War:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Redi9c...sp=sharing
http://issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/warhamme...ogs_of_war
http://www.scribd.com/doc/38079464/Warha...ogs-of-War

RoR:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Redi9...sp=sharing
http://issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/regiments_of_renown
http://www.scribd.com/doc/38078985/Warha...-of-Renown

So until we update the book next time (might not be until 9th ed); thanks for your input everyone, couldn't have done it this well without you! Smile
Hurra! Hurra! Hurra!

But....heavy armour on Pitfighters gone?
Thanks for all your hard work! I shall try and get chance to give it a good read through soon.
Zark not believe in Democracy. We go left!
Great to hear. I will be printing it out today.

Thanks for the work.
To alcohol the cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
(01-19-2014, 05:59 PM)Akbar Wrote: Hurra! Hurra! Hurra!

But....heavy armour on Pitfighters gone?

Yeah, after doing some comparisons with similar models, it struck me as odd that they would go into battle with heavy armour. Most gladiators didn't have any protection on the torso, and very little on the legs too. In fact, the heavier gladiators didn't have much more than a helmet, a shield and some armour on the right arm. Light armour only just makes more sense for them.
It does in a way, but it also makes them far worse. Even with heavy armour they lose statistically against dryads who cost the same and still are generally superior troops. In Warhammer, the armour that the model actually wears need not have a straight connection to their armoursave; does Greatswords have full plate? And the Gladiators I have in mind (Foundry) are certainly better armoured than most GW models with light armour.
I'd still take the Pitfighers, but I'd grumble about it.
It's not necessarily a straight connection no, but they usually have some general things in common. Breastplate (Empire) = light armour. Shoulder pads, greaves, shins and bracers = no armour (witch elves, marauders). This goes for all GW models I've seen. In general, you need something to cover the torso (the vital parts) for it to counts as armour, which barely applies to any suitable models (including GW's own pit fighters).

PS: greatswords actually do have full plate armour, only that's they only decided to put it on those areas that are likely to be hit. The right arm and right leg are always in a defensive position Wink
(based on the old models at any rate, the new ones shouldn't have more than heavy armour, if even that!)
I don't mind the Pit Fighters not having heavy armor. The Pit Fighters are suppose to be high speed skirmishers and heavy armor really does not fit that idea. A good example of this is the fact that in a lot of fast cavalry in the game, like the Stradiot, if they are given to much armor they lose the fast cavalry rule.
1) This could be worth some discussion, but in general, we didn't want people to spam heavy infantry in droves rather than taking pikemen. Also, Veterans tend to become Paymaster's Bodyguards eventually, which there is obviously a limited number of. In general, the majority of the troops will be relatively "green", though there are of course exceptions. Not sure it would really be beneficial to the internal balance with unlimited Veterans though.

2) There's already a stone thrower in the form in the hot pot, so adding another one isn't really necessary. The reason Tileans still use bolt throwers is because of their crossbow heritage, stone throwers would just be considered archaic at this point.

3) Full plate is very rare, and WFRP states that only the richest merc generals can afford them (and a couple of RoR's as well). I could possibly see merc captains being allowed to take them, but would keep them away from the cavalry if possible. Don't really want to see another Order of the Holy Cannonball if you know what I mean Wink
(07-19-2014, 08:13 AM)M4cR1II3n Wrote: 2) There's already a stone thrower in the form in the hot pot, so adding another one isn't really necessary. The reason Tileans still use bolt throwers is because of their crossbow heritage, stone throwers would just be considered archaic at this point.

It would be nice for my collection which has several (cheap plastic repurposed) stone throwers but no hot pot model. 

I have (obviously) never used a hot pot in a game. How do its effects compare to dropping a rock on a target? I am thinking that a hot pot would be useless against a tower or a wall? While a stone thrower would have effect. 

NB: ballistae originally threw ball shaped ammo. Hence the name: "...ball..." A bow activated stone thrower was the original ballista, the giant arrows (bolts) came later.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dogs of War 4.2 beta out now! M4cR1II3n 119 86,093 02-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Last Post: M4cR1II3n
  Warhammer: Dogs of War 4.2 (alpha) out now! M4cR1II3n 75 57,717 10-29-2013, 05:28 AM
  Warhammer - Dogs of War 4.1 out now! M4cR1II3n 30 21,142 03-04-2013, 05:38 AM
  Warhamer Armies: Dogs of War version 4.0 out now! M4cR1II3n 210 141,560 02-06-2013, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Aldhick
  Dogs of War Play Test Version 3 BilboBaggins 12 8,845 06-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Last Post: someone2040
  Dogs of War Army Book Looking for Artists BilboBaggins 10 5,980 05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
  Warhammer Armies: Dogs of War Submissions Slick 100 62,781 04-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Lightbulb The Independent Dogs of War Armybook Issue iatroblast 5 4,475 01-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Last Post: BilboBaggins
  Dogs of War Army Book Looking for Volunteers BilboBaggins 2 2,467 12-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Last Post: BilboBaggins
  Dogs of War Army Book Play Test Version 2 BilboBaggins 7 6,223 11-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Baumann