Araby WIP Army List
Link to the latest version:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/29482726/Warha...mies-Araby
First up, i like it.Smile
I think my favourite units are the Hasharin and the Bowmen, both for their abilities and coolness.

A question about the Hasharin Assassin, is it intended that he can be the general? or have i missed the excluding rule?
Some kind of army wide special rule should be included probably, not that i can think of one right now!

For fluff and magic items i'd include some references to Bretonnia and the Empire fighting them in the crusades. Maybe giving hatred to them or perhaps fearing the Knights Panther.
Have some items relating to the sun, effecting movement, fire attacks, etc.
An item to summon a sand storm would be nice as well.

Good work so far!
Glad you like it. I also have a Cathay list in the workings Smile

And no, the Assassin is not supposed to be the general, forgot to add that in. Good of you to notice, I'll make sure to edit it in to the 1.1 version.

Good ideas for magic items too, the sandstorm is definitely going in there. I am not sure on what to do about the genie though. I could either base him on the genie from Aladdin (you get 3 wishes), or make him more in line with the original Djinn from Arabic mythology (free spirit, can possess people).

Some info on Arabyan religion would also be good.

And if anyone could think up a good universal special rule for them too, that would be great.
Will add options to take magic banners too.
Found a few other Araby lists online, and some good ideas to use. Will remove hand weapons on most units and replace them with scimitars (armour piercing). Army wide special rules will include hatred for Empire and Bretonnia. Lore of the Desert will be added.
You should wait on this.
Dogs of War 41-1-5 (Retired)
Tomb Kings 33-0-1 (Retired)

Uncharted Seas: Shroud Mages
Dystopian Wars: Prussian Empire
40K: Blood Angels & Imperial Guard

Check out my Blog at http://www.angelssanguine.blogspot.com

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Well, I was going to, but seeing as progress as been very slow on the Dogs of War book lately, I thought I could do this in the meantime. I am not saying this list will be the final version, and anybody (army book developers and the other member are very welcome to help). Just see it as a beta version (which it is), no need to keep it "secret" like the Dogs of War book. And honestly does it hurt anyone if I do some work ahead? Seeing as I have a lot of freetime on my hands now that I have vacation.
Well the Pirate List came out already. Big Grin

Plus M4c has been doing little things to his Araby list for a few months already between Gold and Glory and Dogs of War Army Book Duties.
[Image: cdosig.gif]
[Image: SignatureEditor.jpg]

Keeper of the lost pdfs of Games Workshop.
Well put, Bilbo. I have been searching the web a lot today, and found quite a bit of info on fluff, as well a 5th ed army list of them, and the Warmaster list. Quite a few changes have/are being made to fit better with the fluff. First, Immortals are gone (too much "300", and they are persians, not arabs), as they don't really fit in anywhere in the fluff here. Genies will be a lot different. I have also finished the magic lore, and I'm working on magic items.
Wait a second, I'm defending M4c. Big Grin

I did search for weapons and unit for the pirates using Saifs (weapon) from Araby and Wokou (unit) being from Nippon.

Yes, I'll use saifs for great weapons with AP, corsairs are gonna change a lot too, found an Araby list with some pretty cool rules. And Bilbo, could you help out with finding names of various military ranks of Arabic armies. I remember you posting some before the crash.
I'll see if I can find it again. It's was a in a wiki.

Updated. A lot more rules tweaks and fluff added, as well as The lore of the Desert and the beginning of the magic items.
The lore may have one problem, but not really a problem. Most lores seem to have a magic missile as the #1 spell, this lore doesn't.

Are you going to format it like GW's books? Are you going to put it out as a pdf or keep it in doc form as a living document?

That aint true Bilbo. In fact, I'd argue that most lores don't have a magic missile if you just look at the BRB. Only Death, Fire and Light have magic missiles.
Even if most lores did, the fact that there would be some that didn't would mean it shouldn't be compulsory to have a magic missile as first spell.
I haven't had much of a look at it but...
Isn't Quicksand just Pit of Shades with slightly less range, allows ward saves but has a initiative penalty for anyone wearing heavy armour or better? I don't think the less range and allowing wards (But pretty much screwing over elite units) justifies lowering the casting cost by 4.
Right you are, Someone. I thought Pit of Shades was using the 5" template, but I must have been confusing it with Black Horror. I could either skip the spell completely, or instead make it that 2D6 models are hit, and then have to make the Initiative test. Oh, and it should be no saves allowed btw. Sand blast will change to be magic missile (which is pretty much what it is right now).
(07-22-2009, 11:14 PM)BilboBaggins Wrote: Are you going to format it like GW's books? Are you going to put it out as a pdf or keep it in doc form as a living document?

It will be a pdf, eventually. I will wait until it is finished though, or at least until I feel I have done what I can with it.
If you really wanted to be nasty on Quicksand the Lustria book had a nasty rule.

When a unit was hit with the quicksand they had to take an armor save, if they passed they were removed from the field.

I was running Slayers exclusively at that time so I joked bring it on.

Is that what is was? I thought you made an Initiative test, like the Pit of Shades. Only using armour saves might make it a bit more unique. Thanks for the idea, Bilbo, I'll get right on balancing it out.
It was each model makes a Armour Save. I have to find the book, I have it here somewhere.

Quicksand was every model takes an armour save and for each passed test a model is removed as a casualty. Scaly Skins Saves are not counted towards the test and models with no save are nimble enough for it to have no effect.
Paraphrased from the encounters on P9 of the Lustria book.

I also have a library Wink
Thanks Maeglin, that will work nicely Smile
Updated again. Added magic items and fixed the last units. If everyone think this is okay, I should be done about now (until we start with this project "for real").

If anyone has any ideas for more magic items, please post them here Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnome Army List GorillaGorillaGorilla 3 8,548 10-18-2016, 01:49 AM
Last Post: caz88888
  Warhammer: Norse Tribes - Wolfborn (New Norse Army Book) Grim Squeaker 172 252,054 07-03-2015, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Grim Squeaker
  Cathay WIP Army Book M4cR1II3n 73 86,594 04-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Last Post: M4cR1II3n
  Kislev Updated Army List M4cR1II3n 137 168,095 02-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Last Post: RageofAeons
  Warhammer Armies - Nippon (Army book) M4cR1II3n 48 72,938 02-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Last Post: RageofAeons
  My Gnoll Army List GorillaGorillaGorilla 3 6,442 07-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Last Post: GorillaGorillaGorilla
  Warhammer Armies: Norse - Army of Midgard Grim Squeaker 5 11,810 09-26-2010, 05:50 PM
  Willmark's Alternative Army Lists Willmark 12 16,835 04-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Tribun
  Albion Army List Vaz 16 17,784 04-16-2010, 10:35 AM
  Step by Step Kislev Army List Oqlanth 2 9,321 12-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Oqlanth