Alternative Kislev models?
The second of the reaper bears is awesome looking. Go with it!
Questions, comments, queries, rude gestures, and/or remarks.
For the Hawks of Miskha, I am using the Murder of Crows that Reaper's coming out with. Reaper also has some bear-riders, but they're also dwarves.

Huns are another tough one. I'm still looking for appropriately angry minis.
Yeah, that murder of crows would probably work pretty good, although I', gonna use Warmaster eagles. I was also thinking of using reaper bears and removing the dwarfs, gives you more variety in poses than many other bear riders.

I did remove huns in the list though, as they didn't fulfil any role not already undertaken. Didn't want lots of redundant units in it. Of course, that doesn't stop you from using the, as something else if you are still planning to buy them.
Updated the first post with links to the actual miniatures.
I've been making some (to my inexperienced eyes) pretty good-looking boyars using the GW empire militia and Night Goblin bitz for the bows. If you can get ahold of a militia set I find it to be relatively good value (in GW terms) for what it contains and what can be done with it. Then again, I suppose that I'm one of the few who happen to have night goblins and empire lying around.

Right now I'm making a Droyaska and Priest of Ursun using the same set- I may post pictures in a new thread when I'm finished.
I'm currently a knight, but someday I have dreams of advancing to Asarnil Dragonlord.

Not a Bretonnian knight, though. I want to be one of those cool Arabyan Mamluks.
Sorry for the threadonmancy here. Had a look at the Kislev army list you made and it looks awesome. The mini's you found look great for the job but I was just wondering about the scale. Do the Old Glory mini's look very out of place scale-wise compared to GW minis?
I've heard that their cavalry is a bit on the small side, but the infantry should work quite well i kept separate from other GW models (except characters). They are about the same size as perry miniatures.
I have a pack of the Old Glory hussars, and yes they are too small.
I'm currently a knight, but someday I have dreams of advancing to Asarnil Dragonlord.

Not a Bretonnian knight, though. I want to be one of those cool Arabyan Mamluks.
Thanks for that info. Might have a look into the wargamesfoundry polish hussars. They're 28mm but much pricier. Just won a 2nd hand ar ulric mini, so my small army has begun. Eyeing up the rus axemen now.
Well, you could use the Old Glory horsemen. Just don't put a character in there, and point out how much more realistically sized your horses are compared to your opponents.

Because they are amazingly cheap.

I know, ridiculously cheap. Would basing them up higher help? how many mm smaller than a regular GW mini ar they?
Eh, maybe. I'm comparing the Old Glory horse with one of the GW Outrider/Pistolier horses now- the OG horse is definitely noticeably smaller, maybe as much as half to a whole centimeter. Basing them differently might help- but the OG horse is much stubbier and generally smaller than the GW horse.

Now, compared to a barded warhorse the size difference is a little better, but still noticeable. Still- it's historically accurate! The French and the Holy Roman Empire had big, thoroughbred horses, while Russia and Poland inherited their horses from Central Asia- short, stubby, incredibly strong and fast things. Y'know, the kind that Genghis Khan used.

Alright, M4Cr1IIn- answer me this.

What would you do to represent the Tzarina on her sleigh?

Use this one, ofc!

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_...ts_id=3745
Been doing rather thorough searching for some more minis and found these 28mm ones. 8 pounds for 4 winged lancers! Too good to be true.
http://www.bearsdenminiatures.com/28mm%2...olish.html
The lancers look good. Some of the other minis look a bit gross though.
any ideas on Baba Yagas Cottage
I thought about going to Reaper and using their boneyard to buy some dragon legs and attach them to some sort of cottage. Privateer Press have a baba yaga type mini in the warmachine Khador range that comes with a "chicken legged" warjack. It's more steampunk than magical though.
Managed to get Tzar Boris 15 horsemen and a huge bunch of kossars recently. All GW stuff. WOOHOO!!
The Assault Group does some great Russian/Polish etc. Soldiers
(06-21-2011, 11:14 AM)Keran Wrote: any ideas on Baba Yagas Cottage

Here's one that I made.

http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/b...3.JPG.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kislev LordGeneral Leon Enaek 7 6,909 06-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Last Post: tarastop
  Light cavalry models Xillix 38 32,635 12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Tribun