Slick's Blood Angels & Imperial Guard
Hey all, just a quick update for the Blood Angels here. I managed to get my Assault on Black Reach dread finished over the weekend. Just a quick simple paintjob on this one, no real detailing. I just don't see myself using this loadout very much so he'll be essentially relegated to Apocalypse games. I'll eventually go back and do some touching up and detailing as time permits. Comments welcome!

[Image: DSC09232.JPG]

[Image: DSC09233.JPG]

[Image: DSC09234.JPG]

[Image: DSC09235.JPG]
Dogs of War 41-1-5 (Retired)
Tomb Kings 33-0-1 (Retired)

Uncharted Seas: Shroud Mages
Dystopian Wars: Prussian Empire
40K: Blood Angels & Imperial Guard

Check out my Blog at http://www.angelssanguine.blogspot.com

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Hey all, it's been a little while since I've had some new minis to show (busy preparing for Apocalypse). First up is an Sentinel for the Imperial Guard. I decided to go with a desert scheme with this one. There are still some parts needed to be touched up but overall it's ready to go. This thing actually broke into several pieces before I started painting it and had to be pinned on one ankle and both hip joints. I'll have to get a few more sentinels eventually to start fielding them properly. Comments welcome!

[Image: DSC09126.JPG]

[Image: DSC09127.JPG]

[Image: DSC09129.JPG]

[Image: DSC09130.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Well, it's taken quite a while to paint, but it's finally time to rollout out the mighty baneblade 'Lohengrin' of the 130th Panzer Division. It's by no means finished, there are still a bunch of little details to work on and touchups to be made all over the tank but it's certainly ready to be on the battlefield now where it will make its presence felt. I've added kill markers on pretty much all the guns and using some of the etched brass from the hero basing kit I added some extra icons here and there. Once all the details and touchups are out of the way I will add some extensive stowage to the tank to represent an in-battle feel. Comments welcome!

[Image: DSC09114.JPG]

[Image: DSC09115.JPG]

[Image: DSC09117.JPG]

[Image: DSC09118.JPG]

[Image: DSC09119.JPG]

[Image: DSC09120.JPG]

[Image: DSC09121.JPG]

[Image: DSC09122.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Picked up a fairly sizeable Guard Army to add to my existing Guard forces. These are going to require a lot of 'fixing' though. Nevertheless, combined with my Blood Angels I can bring about 16k to an Apocalypse game now. Smile

[Image: DSC09099.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Here is some progress on the Forgeworld front - the fully assembled Hyrdra Flak Tank! The guns were warped so I had to straighten them out but after that everything else was fairly easy. Can't wait to get this beast painted up. Only have to get the Basilisk and Medusa assembled and then it's a tank painting marathon! Questions and comments welcome!

[Image: DSC09047.JPG]

[Image: DSC09049.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
decided to start tackling my Forgeworld tanks and figured the Leman Russ Destroyer would be fairly simple and quick to assemble. Wrong. Smile This kit was a bit of pain in the @$$ to assemble due to some resin warpage and parts just not fitting correctly no matter what. After hours of work (green stuff filling etc) I managed to get it finished. I did opt to do a little conversion on the barrel to avoid having it break while being transported (and to make transporting it a snap). As you can see in the pics I put a small metal disc in the gun carriage. I then hollowed out the barrel end and placed some magnets in there. Now I just attach the barrel for play or pull it off for transport. This is a great tank variant but I'm still a bit disappointed with the parts, mainly the small section you have to attach on the lower back of the hull. Comparing it to other FW stuff it does look like it is one of their older kits as the underside of the upper hull piece looks pretty rough. Overall I'd rate the kit 3.25/5. I'll be painting all my tanks in one big batch one I get the spray gun. Stay tuned. This will be sniping a tank near you soon!

[Image: DSC08861.JPG]

[Image: DSC08860.JPG]

Barrel housing with the metal disc attached
[Image: DSC08862.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Just a few group pics of all the 40K minis I've managed to get finished while over here. Didn't quite manage to get that other Terminator squad done, but that'll follow soon.
To summarize everything here:
5 Lightning Claw Terminators
10 Tactical Marines
10 Guardsmen
2 Teleport Beacons
1 Lascannon Heavy Weapon Team
1 Guard Officer

[Image: DSC08075.JPG]

[Image: DSC08071.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Some time since there was an update for the Guard. I've managed to finish one of my lascannon weapon teams. This thing took about as much work as 5 regular guys. There are all kinds of small details to do on these. I'm pretty happy with the way the crew turned out, although they do need some small tweaks still. The gun itself was also pretty good and I'm going to add a few more details in places and clean it up. I'm thinking the basing needs to have more 'scenic' feel to it so I'm going to rummage the bitz box I bit to make them look a little more entrenched before finishing everything up. That leaves two more lascannon teams to do. Eventually I'll have to get a whole lot more to compelte the guard army - that will wait until the new codex comes out in May. By then I want to have all of the current guard stuff painted. Questions and comments always welcome!

[Image: DSC07036.JPG]

[Image: DSC07035.JPG]

[Image: DSC07032.JPG]

[Image: DSC07031.JPG]

[Image: DSC07028.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Here are some WIP pics of my Imperial Guard Tank commander on foot. This guy is commanding my Leman Russ Vanquisher and as such is a tanker ace as shown by his black uniform. Can't quite remember where I got all the bits for him, possibly some extras from the baneblade kits. Because of his pose its hard to get good shots of the detail, but I'll definitely take some pics of the finished product in better lighting conditions. For basing I'm gonna go with somethign from GW's Hero Basing Kit and I'll probably go back and customize him a bit with some bitz (get it?) He definitely needs a sidearm which might require cutting off one of his side pouches - that will require some delicate cutting to not mess up the rest of the paint job. The paint scheme is very much based on German WW2 tank uniforms. The major painting left is to highlight the black uniform a bit with some grey, only enough to accentuate the folds in the uniform without making the model itself 'gray'. Also some highlights and weather on the binoculars. Questions and comments welcome!

[Image: DSC06965.JPG]

Surveying enemy movements!
[Image: DSC06966.JPG]

[Image: DSC06967.JPG]

[Image: DSC06968.JPG]

[Image: DSC06976.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
I've finally got a squad of Guardsmen finished (just some small detailing and highlighting left to do + basing of course). My goal with their paint scheme is to actually have them with camoflage - kinda WW2 German style. Of course some things had to be painted the way they are as it is '40k' after all. Thus, obviously the lasguns would look silly if they appeared to have wooden stocks etc. Originally I was going to do all of them in full camo but considering how many minis are going to go into the army... so just the sergeants and officers will have full camo. The 'regulars' will have camo coats and green pants. I'm going with NMM (non-metallic metal) on the guns and ammo boxes, but for things like the flamer and some equpiment pieces I think I'm gonna stick with actual metals. Comments welcome! I'm also planning a few divisions in the army, so there will be a few squads painted in desert schemes (Afrika Korps) and an all gray (Wehrmacht). Stormtroopers (which will hopefully be all-plastic soon!) will get a full camo scheme.

[Image: DSC06459.JPG]

[IMG]The Sarge - first guardsmen fully painted
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OS332s04--E/SU...C06461.JPG[/IMG]

I painted his shoulder pads with some isignia - not sure if I'll add it to all the guardsmen - I need to get it smaller and sharper looking - not too happy about how it turned out on the sarge - not sure if red is the color I should use either, perhaps white... ideas welcome

[Image: DSC06456.JPG]

[Image: DSC06455.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Next up a unit of BA terminators w/Forgeworld shoulder pads. They still need detailing but for now they're good enough for the table.

[Image: DSC02709.JPG]

[Image: DSC02710.JPG]

[Image: DSC02711.JPG]

[Image: DSC02714.JPG]

[Image: DSC02721.JPG]

[Image: DSC02715.JPG]

[Image: DSC02716.JPG]

[Image: DSC02717.JPG]

[Image: DSC02718.JPG]

[Image: DSC02719.JPG]

[Image: DSC02720.JPG]

[Image: DSC02723.JPG]

[Image: DSC02724.JPG]

[Image: DSC02729.JPG]

[Image: DSC02736.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
I took a few more terminator pics with some better lighting

[Image: DSC02749.JPG]

[Image: DSC02750.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
OK, long time no update! I painted up the baneblade commander that comes with the kit. He'll double as a senior officer in my guard force.

[Image: DSC05878.JPG]

[Image: DSC05874.JPG]

[Image: DSC05875.JPG]

[Image: DSC05876.JPG]

[Image: DSC05877.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Well time for a little break from fantasy. ::heretic:: Here is some 40k stuff I've been working on

So I ended up buying 2 Baneblade kits, making one into a Baneblade and one into a Hellhammer. This of course left me with plenty of spares bits and other odd and ends. I also picked up 2 Leman Russ frames along the way. I decided to use the spare Baneblade cannon and make a Vanquisher variant of the Leman Russ which excels at taking out enemy armor. A little bit of cutting, sawing, greenstuff work, and some expletives later, and voila, a fairly solid conversion at a fraction of the Forgeworld price too Can't wait to get this baby painted up and go tank hunting! As always comments are welcome! :biggriin:

[Image: DSC05894.JPG]

[Image: DSC05893.JPG]

[Image: DSC05895.JPG]

Here are some shots of the assembled marine force from Assault on Black Reach along with some fast support reinforcements I picked up - all attack bikes were given multi-meltas - nothing like nuking a few tanks with these guys Smile

[Image: DSC05896.JPG]

[Image: DSC05897.JPG]

[Image: DSC05898.JPG]

I'm currently working on finishing up this set of 5 Lightning Claw armed Terminators. With the addition of the Black Reach stuff I think I just hit the 25 Terminator mark...

[Image: DSC05899.JPG]

WIP Blood Angels

A few shots of some Blood Angels minis being worked on. I still have basically all of the Black Reach stuff to paint plus the other 4 termis with lightning claws. Once thats all done, there is still a mountain of stuff to paint to finish the army and have it ready for a huge Apocalypse game Smile

[Image: DSC06465.JPG]

[Image: DSC06464.JPG]

I'm still working away on the Blood Angels albeit at a slower pace while I try to finish up the duellist unit for my Dogs of War. Picked up some Bleached Bone and Gold here so I can work on more of the details found on the marines so these guys will be getting some more attention soon. Once the 5 Termies with Lightning Claws are finished I still have 5 more from Black Reach & the free one from White Dwarf to do.

[Image: DSC06962.JPG]

Decided to take a quick break from painting the usual and finished up these two teleport homers real quick. Alternately, they can be used as objective markers or strategems.

[Image: DSC06963.JPG]

Comments welcome! Smile

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Time for a little bit of love for my Blood Angels: my long range (shooty) Dreadnaught. I've still got some work to do on this guy but he's ready for the tabletop again, especially now that I've got finished the FW plasma cannon arm. I still need to get the other various weapon arms finished but these ones are the typical loadout I take. The twin-linked lascannon/missile launcher setup is just too good at long range support, and nothing beats dispatching the enemies of the Emperor than a well-placed salvo from one these dreads. Smile One thing I liked when I first started 40K (back in the distant days of 3rd ed) were the banners that basically every sergeant, character, and dreadnaught had. With that in mind, I ordered up the Blood Angels banner poles for my dreads and got to work on creating some custom banners Smile

[Image: DSC09029.JPG]

[Image: DSC09031.JPG]

[Image: DSC09032.JPG]

[Image: DSC09033.JPG]

[Image: DSC09034.JPG]

A small sample of the dread's tools of destruction! Smile
[Image: DSC09035.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
After getting the long range dreadnaught finished up it was time to go back and revisit my Death Company Furioso dreadnaught. It's just a standard Furioso but painted in a Death Company scheme so that it can double as Moriar when needed. Questions and comments welcome!

Cease and Repent Herectics!!!
[Image: DSC09050.JPG]

[Image: DSC09051.JPG]

[Image: DSC09052.JPG]

[Image: DSC09053.JPG]

[Image: DSC09054.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Small update on the Blood Angels. Decided to take the one really old and beat to hell Rhino I had and completely repaint it to make it at least serviceable. Since the rest of my Rhinos are all on the new chassis and I rarely run Death Company without jump packs, I decided to make this one into a Death Company Rhino. Now I just need another unit of Death Company w/o jump packs so that I can give this thing a try. Nothing beats a free transport Smile This thing still needs quite a bit of finishing here and there but for now it's ready to go out there and deliver some crazed Blood Angels! Comments welcome!

[Image: DSC09075.JPG]

[Image: DSC09077.JPG]

[Image: DSC09080.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Another small update for the Blood Angels, this time a Land Speeder. This along with the Death Company Rhino are proabably two of the oldest pieces in the army, both originally being White Scars before I saw the awesomeness that are the Blood Angels and converted. This thing needs a lot more work put into it but it's definitely getting there from what it was. Definitely a lesson learned from assembling and painting this thing: paint the crew separately and then glue them in. Look for some updated pics of the finished speeder sometime soon. Comments welcome!

[Image: DSC09085.JPG]

[Image: DSC09083.JPG]

[Image: DSC09082.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Here is one of the recen pieces I've finished. This thing along with my one speeder has been around for a good 10 years now starting out as White Scars and then switching to Blood Angels. I really didn't care for the original BA paintjob I gave it so I decided to just go with a fresh canvas and repaint it black. It looks a lot more menacing now and ties in with the Death Company as well. Plus, the Skaven symbols on it stand out even more now (added them for good luck and this tank does have a really long history of good kills). I still need to go back at somepoint and add some detailing - I really want to add kill markings to it but I really would run out of room Smile - Delivering righteous punishment to the enemies of mankind and the emperor! Comments welcome!

[Image: DSC09094.JPG]

[Image: DSC09095.JPG]

[Image: DSC09097.JPG]

[Image: DSC09098.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Hi all, time for some more Blood Angels goodness, this time it's a Land Speeder Tornado. I'm pretty excited to finally have this one finished as it's been sitting in my collection for like 4-5 years with nothing but primer on it. I took the time to paint the crew before gluing them in on this one and it definitely looks a lot better than my much older standard Land Speeder. Seems like I've been working on a lot of Fast Attack stuff lately. Being Blood Angels, there is nothing wrong with that Smile

Next up will be pics of one of the coolest units out there (hint: they're mostly black and with some red, and are crazed berserkers Smile )

For now though here are some pics of the Tornado (comments welcome!):

[Image: DSC09110.JPG]

[Image: DSC09111.JPG]

[Image: DSC09112.JPG]

[Image: DSC09113.JPG]

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Fighting Ankle Biters- Halfing Blood Bowl Team Part II Willmark 4 5,760 09-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  Lothern Sea Guard Sharkbelly 2 2,468 10-24-2016, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Sharkbelly
  Slick's Ulrican Empire Slick 11 16,276 08-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Ravenscuore
  Slick's Easterlings Slick 22 25,958 06-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Slick