A Mercenaries Career Begins
I love the conversion on the bearmen , and the your lupin's boy are very beautiful!
I only have one question: are you going to also have pikemen in your army?
[Image: bannermetal4.jpg]
(12-02-2009, 09:58 AM)Marco Colombo Wrote: I love the conversion on the bearmen , and the your lupin's boy are very beautiful!
I only have one question: are you going to also have pikemen in your army?
Pikemen are an awkward situation for me. I have almost all the Pikemen models (missing Pirazzo's at the moment) and like the look of teh models. However, Pikemen are crap! I'm currently painting the army both because I enjoy the models, but also to have a functional army. Functional because, the current group I'm painting with are painting with the intention to use them in Tournaments. So while I know Dogs of War aren't going to win me any tournies, I also want to stand at least a fighting chance of getting a few wins.

So to be honest, the answer is. I'll paint Pikemen eventually, but probably not anytime soon.
thanks for your reply. I like your style of painting ,very much, so if ever paints pikemen please post pictures so I can admire your beautiful models!
Yarr! Here be Pirates! We just be in need of a few touch ups, and then we be ship shape! Yarr!
[Image: Duellists02.jpg]

All sailling smoothly for my Miraglean Dogs of War. As the Pirates mention, only a few touch ups remain on the duellists, then they're being booted off ship for some grass. My Light Cavalry models are coming along really quickly, I thought I'd be sick of painting horses after one or two, but pretty much got them all done today except the straps. That'll leave the riders to be done, which should go along smoothly due to the armour.

Originally I also planned to paint a Man-Eater this month. Unfortunately the one I'm converting hasn't gotten anywhere at all, and my order from the UK has been delayed (Apparently GW sent it by Boat... Did I really pay 60pounds for that?) so I'm thinking of painting the 10 Crossbowmen I've nearly finished assembling.
beautiful mini!
This army is awesome, can't wait to see more of it!

Oh yeah 400th post woohoo.
Great looking so far, some good looking conversions coming on. Looking forward to see some more.
Ask for more conversions and ye shall receive. I did take WIP shots of my Light Cavalry, but they're pretty much complete apart from hair on the riders and strappings on the horses. So they well... look dodgy when viewing them. So I'll just leave them until they're finished.

As for this update, Volands Venators return. I have had my two regular Venator's done for AGES. Now in the last week or so I returned to them to complete the unit. I used heads from the Goldsword kit for the 3 command. First off, because for the helmetted head I don't have to convert! Phew. Second off, I wanted a head with bandages, and well... the Greatsword kit again had a nice looking head for that. And finally Voland, well again, Greatswords deliver with a nice looking head that I moustached up. Not quite the broad jawed double-chinned Voland we know, but I think he looks adequate. Now all I need to do is paint these guys up, and convert 4 more shields for them (If anyone remember's my original shield I did, so only 4 need to be done).
[Image: Venator4.jpg]
Looks good, a cheap way to get some good looking Venators... oh wait, you bought a whole box of Greatswords, didn't you? Tongue
Well... I actually bought 2 boxes Tongue. But to me, at 40AUD it's about the same price as other 'elite' units like Temple Guard (Cause I bought them from the UK). Although, other elites would cost less than that if I bought them from the UK...
Anyway, I bought the Goldswords to use as Paymaster Bodyguard down the track, not just for the heads Wink
Thought so, I would just buy single bits in that case, saves quite a lot. Like I did with Asarnil, I bought him one bit at a time, saved 20% on it too Tongue
Your captain is certainly impressive, but when do we see him painted?
Questions, comments, queries, rude gestures, and/or remarks.
(12-28-2009, 03:42 PM)Border Reiver Wrote: Your captain is certainly impressive, but when do we see him painted?
Hmm... Maybe when I get around to doing regular Pikes or whenever I feel like it. My main concern for the moment, is to get a plausible army happening for tournaments in 2010. Considering some of these tournaments go up to 3000 points, I've still got a ways to go.
Very nice! Loved them!

You know, I think I'll totally steal some of the conversion-works here... would you mind?
[Image: dowomemsig.gif]

It's mine, mine, mine
For the taking
It's mine, boys
Mine me that gold!
Dogs of War don't steal, we acquire.
[Image: cdosig.gif]
[Image: SignatureEditor.jpg]

Keeper of the lost pdfs of Games Workshop.
I thought we knocked people over the head and took their stuff.

It's right here in the brochure - page 3.
Questions, comments, queries, rude gestures, and/or remarks.
That's acquiring.
[Image: cdosig.gif]
[Image: SignatureEditor.jpg]

Keeper of the lost pdfs of Games Workshop.
(12-31-2009, 12:05 PM)The Besieger Wrote: Very nice! Loved them!

You know, I think I'll totally steal some of the conversion-works here... would you mind?
Not at all. Other than the Venators and the Bearmen, not a ton of conversion so far.
Especially if it's the Venator conversions, do feel free!
In Australian dollars, we are pretty much paying $70 for 5 metal riders, how absurd is that?
And here's the latest update for my army.
[Image: LightCav03.jpg]
[Image: Duellists03.jpg]
[Image: Crossbowmen01.jpg]
[Image: WorkSoFarDecember.jpg]

That's almost all my core taken care of for now. Just need to finish off those Venators which I intend to do this month. Also, the points are rolling in. Since I started last August (I believe I started painting in August anyway), I've painted 694 points not including Asarnil/Deathfang who are about 60-70%ish done. Very soon I'm gonna reach 1000 points, and am gonna be able to play games (Well, I could play games at the moment if my Bearmen were all assembled - but would have that much painted). Should be smooth sailing to 2000 after February, since I need my 1750 army ready for March and it's only a lord choice away from 2000.
I luv the light cavalry! Very good conversion and nice paintjob! The idea with the "nordic-crossbows" is also good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zark's Averlander Mercenaries Zark The Damned 42 45,324 09-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Willmark
  Mercenaries Of The West (14th AUGUST - WIP Pikemen) Sultan Sadim 47 52,476 08-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Last Post: henerius