A Mercenaries Career Begins
So a new update.For a full rundown, check out my blog entry.
My big box of Dogs of War stuff has arrived. I had to be a bit conservative, my order ended up being $400 AUD in the end. So while I'd like some more Regiments of Renown like Long Drongs Slayer Pirates or some neato Pikemen, I had to restrict myself to get models that would see me on the way to 2000 points for the Tale of Fantasy Gamers.

So far I've been digging into my Marksmen of Miragliano. I am impressed in some ways, and less in others. 12 different models? I believe that's more variation than any other metal boxed set sitting on our shelves these days. They look gorgeous, and the mould line were hardly distinguishable (I think I could probably have painted them up without any filing). The only thing I've been less than impressed with so far is fitting the Crossbows to the sockets. They just don't really seem like they want to fit in. Gonna have to use some greenstuff to fill gaps/blend gaos on basically every model I think.

Anyway, that's what I did all of last night. Pretty much glued all the marksmen together. The Venators are going to get pushed back a little so I have some time to sculpt a head for Voland. So in August I'll likely be painting my Paymaster and the Marksmen of Miragliano.
Nice acquisition. Hopefully we can see them painted soon Smile
Dogs of War 41-1-5 (Retired)
Tomb Kings 33-0-1 (Retired)

Uncharted Seas: Shroud Mages
Dystopian Wars: Prussian Empire
40K: Blood Angels & Imperial Guard

Check out my Blog at http://www.angelssanguine.blogspot.com

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Hey Someone,

I just decided to join this Tale of Fantasy painters thing on warseer, as it looks really cool and I am amazed by how many people are doing it! Anyway, I think we are the only Dogs of War players(what a surprise), but it looks like it's going to be fun.

Cheers

Peyton
"Boys, there is no greater sacrifice than somebody elses."-Skipper
Hey Flimflam,
Great that you decided to join! Was looking a bit lonely on the Dogs of War front.
Yeah, a lot of people generally start out, but there'll only be a small amount of people left by the end of it as people drop out during the year. I know I only got about half way last year, but am definately hoping to get a lot further this time!

As it stands for me, I should be set this month. I just undercoasted my Marksmen of Miragliano, Paymaster and my Mercenary Captain on foot. So as long as I paint it all up on time, I'll be good this month. Also working my way through making my Asarnil as well (So that'll probably be month 2 and 3), so all in all I feel I'm off to a good start am we're only on the 2nd day!
Cool beans! I think I will do a unit of duellists and Lumpin Croop for the first month, and then some pikes for the second. Wont you feel guilty not painting anything month 3? Unless of course it takes you 2 months to paint himConfused

Cheers

Peyton
In all honesty, it just depends on how things flow. I'm also in the Tale of 40k painters for my Blood Angels, and need to get my Khemri Bloodbowl team done by the end of August, so this month is going to be rough. I might need that month too catch up with my Angels.
If I'm all on schedule (Which I hope to have Asarnil ready for painting well before month 2 anyway), I'll probably take the opportunity to either slow down so I don't run out of steam or work on some lighter stuff.

But we'll see how things go, plans can always change.
(08-02-2009, 02:43 AM)someone2040 Wrote: In all honesty, it just depends on how things flow. I'm also in the Tale of 40k painters for my Blood Angels, and need to get my Khemri Bloodbowl team done by the end of August, so this month is going to be rough. I might need that month too catch up with my Angels.
If I'm all on schedule (Which I hope to have Asarnil ready for painting well before month 2 anyway), I'll probably take the opportunity to either slow down so I don't run out of steam or work on some lighter stuff.

But we'll see how things go, plans can always change.

OOOOOOOOH! 2 ARMIES?!? Good luck dude. I saw Harry and some other people are doing 4 or 5 armies. I have no idea how they are going to pull that off. At least a couple of them are 1000 points. Not 5 2000 point armies.Confused

We should do A Dogs of war/other unsupported armies support log. Us and the 1 chaos dwarf player.Big Grin

Cheers

Peyton
So I've been hard at work, even if I don't have many pictures to show results. Started my Marksmen of Miragliano. Finished one, 5 others are in the process of being painted. Also been messing around with my Dragon and making a shield for Asarnil (More in line with the one in the artwork/official model). But anyway, here's my first marksmen all done and finished (Apart from some greenery on his base, I'll do everything at once).

[Image: marksman02.jpg]
[Image: marksman01.jpg]
nice,like the rich red colour
Awesome! I like him a lot.
Another update. It's quite lengthy, so I'll point you in the direction of my Blog post rather than type it all up again.

Basically, Marksmen of Miragliano are going well and are on track. Of the 5 I'm painting at the moment, I just have to finish the Crossbows, hands and the bits and bobs in their sacks. The Paymaster himself has been started. I did take pictures of them both, but the light was crap so ditched them. I of course will have photo's of them when they're finished.

Also, the main point of my Blog Entry is detailing about my Asarnil conversion. Hope you check it out, as I think the Shield alone is worth the visit Smile
Edit : You can also see the first 6 Marksmen in This post on my Blog.
Looks good, keep it up!
Looking very good!
Dogs of War 41-1-5 (Retired)
Tomb Kings 33-0-1 (Retired)

Uncharted Seas: Shroud Mages
Dystopian Wars: Prussian Empire
40K: Blood Angels & Imperial Guard

Check out my Blog at http://www.angelssanguine.blogspot.com

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
Just a very brief update tonight. Made a couple of Duellists. Doing so has given be a bit of inspiration to convert some Vespero's Vendetta Duellists, but... that'll have to wait until I finish off my Marksmen. Also a small update on Asarnil. The Dragonlord himself is almost ready, I just have to make a shoulderplate for the lance arm now and he should be set.

Check it out at Blog post. Hopefully have most of the Marksmen done by the end of this weekend, giving me plenty of time to work on Maximillian Damark and the Paymaster.
Looking forward to seeing the completed Arsanil and i know what you mean about the pistols in your blog, they're more the one shot and then club someone around the head kind of a pistol rather than for dueling!
Oh my God the Marksmen of Miragliano are very beautiful!
I can not wait to see your army complete, my compliments!
Wow, long time no update. I have of course, been painting in the meantime. Just been a very slow October with plenty of things keeping me busy (Check out my blog for more on that).

Anyway, I just took some pictures of the completed stuff in my army. Asarnil aint done yet (He's been 'demoted' to side project because it's a large task. I'll get bits and pieces done on him while doing other stuff).

You should know my Paymaster of course, he was the star of Golden Pike 2.
[Image: Paymaster4.jpg]

Just painted last weekend, my Beasts Lore Hireling Wizard.
[Image: BeastWizard01.jpg]

And a better picture of my Marksmen, since the last group shot was pants. This is the first time shown of Maximillian Damark fully finished as well (He's been sitting on my desk just waiting and waiting since about September. Finally finished him this weekend).
[Image: marksmen06.jpg]

The wizard and marksmen still need some greenery on their bases, but I have 3 more Marksmen I recently got to add to them. So I figure I'll do it all at once (And by then, probably will have some Duellists to join them).
Great shading work on the skin tones. Keep it up!
And here's a new update, fresh from the tavern, and ready to blunder their way into the fight! Everyone's lovable Halflings, Lumpins Croops Fighting Cocks.
[Image: Lumpins01.jpg]

Also, here some Work in Progress pictures of my Bearmen. These are the one's who are 'done', so ready to paint. Still got a lot more to convert though! Everyone's gonna get a pelt across their back, as well as the fact I'm sculpting up the Bear Standard. Definately trying to go for a classic look (Although, being a bit lenient on the Axes. Not enough to go around Sad).
[Image: Bearmen01.jpg]
[Image: Bearmen02.jpg]

As for December, hmm... Asarnil will be done when he's done, so no guarantee's on him. So I think probably Pistol Duellists, Light Cavalry and a Man-Eater. Getting that stuff done, will actually get me a legal army to play games with - and will be well on the way to 1000 points as well.
Looks great! Nice conversion on the bearmen Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zark's Averlander Mercenaries Zark The Damned 42 45,323 09-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Willmark
  Mercenaries Of The West (14th AUGUST - WIP Pikemen) Sultan Sadim 47 52,476 08-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Last Post: henerius