A Mercenaries Career Begins
So he'll end up being a unit champ for the pikmen. Big Grin
[Image: cdosig.gif]
[Image: SignatureEditor.jpg]

Keeper of the lost pdfs of Games Workshop.
Shush! He can hope that one day GW will actually release proper rules for the Dogs of War and he'll suddenly become the glorious leader of the army! Or perhaps that's why he's drinking the booze, cause he knows he's going to be stuck leading around a bunch of Pikemen for the rest of his days rather than leading armies.
GW do something people (other than Space Marine and Daemon players) want. That's just crazy talk.

he trying to be a slayer pirate!!
KARAK KADRIN IS ALIVE !! IT'S ARMY IS GROWING
[Image: slayerbanner.jpg]

[Image: piratelogo222.jpg]
Then he better start using the Pirate Signature image.

Good work Someone, now to slap some paint on him Smile
Dogs of War 41-1-5 (Retired)
Tomb Kings 33-0-1 (Retired)

Uncharted Seas: Shroud Mages
Dystopian Wars: Prussian Empire
40K: Blood Angels & Imperial Guard

Check out my Blog at http://www.angelssanguine.blogspot.com

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
(07-06-2009, 09:36 PM)Slick Wrote: Good work Someone, now to slap some paint on him Smile
He aint finished yet! Gotta finish the upper section of the cape.
So, only one new thing this time.
I was struck by a sudden bout of inspiration last night. Figured out how my paymaster was going to role, and luckily, I had bought just the figure for it a while back (With the intention of becoming a Paymaster mind you!). This guy is some old metal Empire Cannon Crew I believe.

But yeah, chopped the arm, swung it around about 90 degree's, pinned, glued it in. Greenstuffed the gaps, and viola, fat cat Paymaster.

[Image: Paymaster1.jpg]
Cool, dude! What you might wanna consider though is too give him a cuirass or something, since he will be wearing armour in your games, right?
He had the body armor underneath the fluffy clothes. He has to look good on the field doesn't he?

(07-08-2009, 08:45 AM)M4cR1II3n Wrote: Cool, dude! What you might wanna consider though is too give him a cuirass or something, since he will be wearing armour in your games, right?
Personally I'm not fussed with lack of armour visible on him. Armour varies, and between armies heavy armour on some may look like light armour or no armour on another.

I mean, he's gonna be decked out in Enchanted Shield and Heavy Armour but I'm definately not sticking a Shield on the model, as I think the pose has no place for it.

He does have a chestplate, it's hard to see in the photo (Especially with that flap hanging off the coat...). But yeah, I agree with Bilbo's way of thinking. He's a rich guy who's funding the army, he's gotta look the part with the fancy clothes.
Looks good!

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
So this next update has to do with my first Venator. For a full write up, you can see my blog entry.

Basically my first Venator is complete minus shield. I have created one shield, but I'm unsure of it. I used the skull insignia from the old Empire shield sprue, but it's a bit big compared to the artwork. What do you guys think? I personally think... I need to see it painted up before making my decision. I don't think it looks too bad, and is certainly different - but it doesn't look as good as the artwork.

[Image: th_Venator1.jpg][Image: th_Venator2.jpg][Image: th_Venator3.jpg][Image: th_VenatorImage.jpg][Image: th_VenatorShield1.jpg]
There is some great green stuffing here have some gold for your efforts!
Those Knights are starting to come along great! Keep it up!
These are great! I love the paymaster, I think I am going to use the mordheim reiklander captain(big fat guy) for mine, and maybe have him standing on a treasure chest or with lots of bags of gold. When are these guys gonna get some paint?

Cheers

Peyton
"Boys, there is no greater sacrifice than somebody elses."-Skipper
great figure !! now don't laugh at me where you get the large bottle from what set??
KARAK KADRIN IS ALIVE !! IT'S ARMY IS GROWING
[Image: slayerbanner.jpg]

[Image: piratelogo222.jpg]
Cheers again for the kind words.

@FlimFlam
The idea at the moment is, that I'm going to do Dogs of War for the Tale of Fantasy Painters 09-10 at Warseer. That's painting up 2000 points of Dogs in 12 months. It starts in August, so the intention is to start painting in August and focus on assembling until then.

@Kera
The twin-bottle's are from the Pistoliers/Outriders boxed set. I think you get one or two of them per set. The bottle on my Captain is from the State Troop Handgunners I think (Although it could just as easily be the regular State Troops).
Looking good!

Goldswords
Leave them on the shelf
I like the V shield with the scull in it. Looks like the wielder means business.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zark's Averlander Mercenaries Zark The Damned 42 45,324 09-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Willmark
  Mercenaries Of The West (14th AUGUST - WIP Pikemen) Sultan Sadim 47 52,476 08-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Last Post: henerius