Create a Regiment of Renown Competition- Feedback.
Now that the (in)famous Golden Pike is well established, well made it through two competitions, our eyes turn to the introduction of another competition to run alongside it.
We are looking at starting a competition to design a Regiment of Renown, and want to know how much interest there would be.
I won't post up all the rules now (as i haven't worked through them all yet) but the basic gist of them would be to allow all people of varying fluff writing and rules balancing abilities to take part.
There will be a "Brief" form to fill in. It will be enough to give an idea on the regiment. There will be no extra credit for people who write pages of fluff, or sit all night with a calculator and stack of army books figuring points costs (thats our job Tongue , although bribing the head judge with Roast Dinner might help Big Grin )
I won't go into detail now on the rest of the process but suffice to say you don't need to be the most coherent fluff writer (nobody in mind honest Dodgy ) or be able to points cost rules.

So, who thinks there would be interest in such a competition?
This is my Admin voice, when i use it i am invoking the power of the great Moderating Lords. Learn to fear it mortals!
Yeah, sure, I'd be interested in writing up a Regiment of Renown.
Well, I already have made 3, so I don't know how much more there is to do for my part...
*cracks his knuckles* here we go, show time baby!!!!

i should probably put down the gears novel... nah just one more chapter...
[Image: SignatureStaff.jpg]
Positive!
This is looking good, i'll leave this thread open to get some more views. But unless things change drastically, watch this space....

(10-20-2009, 05:46 PM)M4cR1II3n Wrote: Well, I already have made 3, so I don't know how much more there is to do for my part...

Yes, but this is your chance to actually come up with something good Rolleyes
This is my Admin voice, when i use it i am invoking the power of the great Moderating Lords. Learn to fear it mortals!
Oh ha! And hahahaha!

I'll go and eat ice cream now...
Sounds good to me.
[Image: tewksburybeforethebattlebanner.jpg]

Quote:Tribun Wrote:
Is it because we are all Pirates deep inside, or what's the reason every Thread ends in insults, confrontation and duelling??
I'm in. This should be fun.
Not ever Tale has a happy ending, that is why some are called Grimms.
~Jikoun Blackmane
Sounds cool. I think I might be able to come up with something.

Matt
Creating RoR's are fun.
[Image: cdosig.gif]
[Image: SignatureEditor.jpg]

Keeper of the lost pdfs of Games Workshop.
I don't think there is interest in such a competition.

With to many regiments of renown, the renown of the other regiments get lower and lower. It's like the stars of hollywood, to much, to many, and eventually they all seem the same. We already have 21 regiments of renown and the old(er) ones are being re-done also already by someone on this forum.

I think that after 1 or 2 competitions, the interest there is will vanish in thin air.

Maybe with an other concept this could work, but I cannot think what that concept might be right now.....
It could be a fun, although I tend to agree with Henerius a bit. But I tend to be more of an "inside-the-framework-of-the-rules" guy. Could be fun, though.
Henerius makes a good point. Depends on how often you were planning on running it, might be something nice to roll out every now and again. To often and we would have them coming out of our ears.

Although I do have some interesting ideas.

How many ideas can we submit Wink

Matt
Don't worry, it wasn't planned to happen too often Big Grin

And FYI in the last two evenings i've thought up 4 very distinct regiments. Try to remember the point of a regiment of renown as a: they are famous units (and i can name a dozen British Army regiments off the top of my head, they wont be less famous if another one does something to become famous) and b: they have something to set them apart from the others, meaning that as long as you can come up with something individual then you won't run out Big Grin
I'm very pleased to see the interest in this yeah us!
well i think rules would be cool, but i think you should have figures too!!!
painted figures
well briving a judge would be wronge!!* wink wink *
is that a home cooked meal ( cough)
and would it also have a side dish like potatoes ox tail soup
some home made bread with butter on top
glazed carrots and a pine apple upside down cake
and a dark lagger beer served at room temperture
while sitting in your lazyboy recliner with your brand of cigars
while someone rubs your temples !!
now that would not be a brive would it ??
KARAK KADRIN IS ALIVE !! IT'S ARMY IS GROWING
[Image: slayerbanner.jpg]

[Image: piratelogo222.jpg]
(10-22-2009, 05:19 PM)Kera Foehunter Wrote: well i think rules would be cool, but i think you should have figures too!!!
painted figures
well briving a judge would be wronge!!* wink wink *
is that a home cooked meal ( cough)
and would it also have a side dish like potatoes ox tail soup
some home made bread with butter on top
glazed carrots and a pine apple upside down cake
and a dark lagger beer served at room temperture
while sitting in your lazyboy recliner with your brand of cigars
while someone rubs your temples !!
now that would not be a brive would it ??

LOL, you'll make a fine wife for someone someday. Just hope he has a big checkbook otherwise the dude is going to be broke all the time.

Back on topic, Having Models for the unit is a good idea.
Not ever Tale has a happy ending, that is why some are called Grimms.
~Jikoun Blackmane
And she scupts her own models instead of buying all the expensive GW ones. Big Grin
[Image: cdosig.gif]
[Image: SignatureEditor.jpg]

Keeper of the lost pdfs of Games Workshop.
(10-22-2009, 10:55 PM)BilboBaggins Wrote: And she scupts her own models instead of buying all the expensive GW ones. Big Grin

damn right i can !! Angel
now if only i can't figure out how to make a dream team up
to put bilbo to shame
KARAK KADRIN IS ALIVE !! IT'S ARMY IS GROWING
[Image: slayerbanner.jpg]

[Image: piratelogo222.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regiment of Renown Contest- Voting Thread Willmark 17 18,519 10-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Willmark
  Regiment of Renown Contest Willmark 35 32,398 06-06-2011, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Tribun