Dogs of War Online v2.0 Status Update
Alright after a long time away the Wiki is now up and ready to be used!

http://dogsofwaronline.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Now... Who wants to head it up! Wink
Tonight if all goes well new Javascrpit bot protection and a new captcha is going to be going in place.

Once it's done all bot registrants are getting dumped.
Later tonight I'll be adding two new sections to the forum one for ezines and another for website news outside of the Dogs of War world.
The Great Spam Hammer is now in place thwacking those pesky bots into oblivion.
Thank Cheesus! Even I got bored pointing them out...
Yeah bear with me a little bit longer. I tweaked a few things this morning after clearing out a bunch last night.

The new captcha should catch a lot. I also have a another pluton to help that is installed and ready to go but not active yet. I want to see how things go first. After that I have a third line of defense for spam filtering which I'm assembling.

After that I think we might need to give your army book a lite frontpage portal time. Sorry I didn't post it when it came out. Once I get things straighten out a bit I'll post here what I went through let year. Suffice to say I'm glad 2010 is over.
Mmmmmwwwwhhhhhaaaaaaa.

API key now in place to block known spamming countries.

Hacked out a ton of spam last night more to go the next several nights I'm free. If anyone sees some spam report it and we can take action during the clean up process.
New controls seem to be holding well. I'll continue to monitor.
Glad to see you taking the reins - have seen a number of communities ruined by spammers when none of the admins take charge.

Have spotted a number of posts by unregistered users - am reporting them as I see them. (if you haven't activated it already, there should be an option which forces people to register before they can post)
Yeah as the Site Admin I've been very remiss. In the next few days I'll post why I was absent for a large portion of 2010.

As far as they spam it's ok to flag them. I eliminated about half of them on Monday/ Tuesday. You are the first person to register since the new Captcha was in stalled along with two other pieces. So far no spam registrants since then. Next up will be eliminating the remaining bots. Im shooting for deleting them by hand as there are dome people who lurk but don't post so I'm trying to give it a once over rather then use the forum sweeping plugin.
Aces Flavicon now added.
Medlas have been updated there are a bunch now.
OK new photo gallery that should be more user friendly is now installed.

http://dogsofwaronline.com/gallery/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dogs of War Online 3.0 Willmark 28 12,585 02-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  Dogs of War Site Rules Willmark 0 1,916 02-06-2016, 03:23 PM
  The Dogs of War Wiki Willmark 0 1,322 02-06-2016, 10:10 AM
  Future of Dogs of War Online - Now Secure! Willmark 8 8,950 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Last Post: dogsPaymaster
  Veteran Status created! Willmark 14 14,471 12-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Last Post: EdSteiner
  Some Changes in the air for Dogs of War Online Willmark 5 7,242 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Baumann
  Dogs of War Armybook Willmark 2 17,213 02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
  Dogs of War Online reachers 100 members! (again) Slick 38 32,029 05-12-2010, 09:55 AM
  Dogs of War Online User Tags Willmark 9 10,230 01-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Last Post: DariusZero
  Gold and Glory - The Dogs of War Ezine Slick 17 18,618 01-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Last Post: BilboBaggins