Kislev Updated Army List
Another one of my side projects. Not much more that needs fixing on the Araby list, except for adding a few magic items, so I went to work on updating the Kislev list instead. Pretty much finished rules-wise (unless anything should/needs to be fixed), just need to add the Lore of Ice, will do that tomorrow. Until then, enjoy!

Download:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/29482012/W...-Armies-Kislev

Attached Files
.pdf   Warhammer Armies - Kislev.pdf (Size: 408.39 KB / Downloads: 112)
I glance at it. The font you used for the units is not that easy for people to read.

Also cannons don't use scatter dice, only artillery dice.
[Image: cdosig.gif]
[Image: SignatureEditor.jpg]

Keeper of the lost pdfs of Games Workshop.
About the Font: Okay, I'll change it to something more readable. I just like the use of gothic letters Smile

About the cannon: normally cannons doesn't scatter, but this is an URUGAN cannon, not an Empire cannon Wink it is fired differently. A Stone thrower doesn't add extra range, but the Helstorm do.
Ok, updated with Lore of Ice, as well as Tzarina Katarin and Boris Ursus.

If anyone finds any bugs, let me know.
Quite few spelling/grammar mistakes. Do you want me to go back through and list them for you?
This is my Admin voice, when i use it i am invoking the power of the great Moderating Lords. Learn to fear it mortals!
Actually, the only spelling mistakes I found were because of English/American differences. All the fluff is copied from GW writings and some other army lists, of which some where spelled as "wrong" by word (I have the American proofing tool). But sure, if you want to you can fix them. Are the grammar mistakes in the fluff or actual rules?
Use the Queen's English spelling in books, since most of GW's fluff is written that way.

I would like to, but I haven't found a proofing tool that doesn't cost money for that yet Wink
Oh, never mind, it was apparently part of the English US proofing tool, just had to select it manually Tongue

I'll get right on fixing it to "Queen's English" (that's the way I was thought to speak it anyway)
Ok, updated with "Queen's English". If you still find any mistakes Baumann, let me know. Just remember it's probably Words or GW's fault :p
The list looks good, a great improvement on the GW one. The no generic casters bugs the hell out of me Tongue

One thing i'd like to see is either a Droyaska (blademaster) character or a unit.
Glad you like it Smile

The Droyaska sounds pretty interesting, what did you have in mind in terms of rules for him to separate him from normal fighty characters?

Some fluff I found about him, might be of some assistance:

A Droyaska, or literally, Blademaster, is the greatest fighter in the Kislev nation. It is a title that only the Tzar himself, or the Tzarina herself can grant - and more often than not, entire generations will pass by before a new warrior is worthy of the title of Droyaska.

They are the equal of any they face - Chaos Warlord, Vampire, Orc Warboss, Ogre Tyrant - all have been fought, and triumphed over by a Blademaster. Their speed with a blade is blistering, said to be only bettered by the Elves, and even then, many doubt that.

A Droyaska is a title, which unlike those to the Imperial Generals and Templar Grand Masters, is not bestowed by skill with wielding troops, but purely by skill with a weapon - be it knife, long sword, spear, bow, or fist.

Usually, the Droyaska is a personal champion of the Tzar before they become a blademaster, almost undoutably rising up from the ranks of the Gryphon Legion. If they so wish, and the Tzar or Tzarina is willing to lose their bodyguard for often many years, their ruler will provide them with passage to far off lands, such as Cathay, Nippon, and Ind, to perfect their skills. When they return, they are often changed men. Stronger, and more haughty than they once were. But subtly, they have a greater bearing.

The teachers and sensei's of the East do not teach battle tactics, although many in that land do teach of Tsun Zhou and his lessons - the time they spend is purely on the Droyaska's blade work. They are foes to be feared, and when leading a cavalry charge of some of the strongest horsemen in the Old World, absolutely terrifying.
Sounds like they should be a non-hero/hero character. Allow 1-3 per Lord choice give them decent stats (Hero) with lower amount of wounds. They then don't take up a hero spot.

I think 1-3 might be a bit much. I would just make him a hero choice, extra high WS, I and A, possibly make him similar to a Dragon Slayer (loner).

But I would like to see what Maeglin can come up with first Smile

In other news, I started working on the Cathay list. Finally managed to sort out which units to keep in the army. First draft should be out in maybe 3 days.

Oh, and how is the Nippon list coming along Bilbo (if you have any plans to make it any time soon)?
Nippon will come when/if i get time. I have to read up on Japan mythology/history before really going into it.

Plus webzines eat into time.

Since you asked Big Grin

Droyaska 0-1 Hero Choice

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 7 6 4 4 2 7 4 9

Equipment: Hand Weapon

Options:
May choose a lance (if mounted), a great weapon or additional hand weapon
May choose a bow
May wear either light armour or heavy armour and may also carry a shield
May ride a warhorse, which may be given barding
Special Rules;

Killing Blow (includes missile weapons)

Always Strikes First

Lead By Example The Droyaska may not be the general of the army, their talents do not lie in the leading of armies. However the fighting men of Kislev are so inspired by their skill that all units within 12" add +1 to their combat resolution.

I'll add point costs tomorrow, but feel free suggest them and any changes, its your list Wink. I'm also unsure if i should give them access to magic items and stubborn.
I was thinking extra attack for each model in base contact and -1 to hit him in CC.

That would more fit with a character who runs alone, which could work but i don't think would suit the background.

BTW anybody interested in Kislev should read, "The Ambassador Chronicles", some of the best Black Library books I've read. I may start a thread on Black Library books actually as some are awesome and some are truly dire.
(08-12-2009, 08:06 PM)Maeglin Wrote: Since you asked Big Grin

Droyaska 0-1 Hero Choice

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 7 6 4 4 2 7 4 9

Equipment: Hand Weapon

Options:
May choose a lance (if mounted), a great weapon or additional hand weapon
May choose a bow
May wear either light armour or heavy armour and may also carry a shield
May ride a warhorse, which may be given barding
Special Rules;

Killing Blow (includes missile weapons)

Always Strikes First

Lead By Example The Droyaska may not be the general of the army, their talents do not lie in the leading of armies. However the fighting men of Kislev are so inspired by their skill that all units within 12" add +1 to their combat resolution.

I'll add point costs tomorrow, but feel free suggest them and any changes, its your list Wink. I'm also unsure if i should give them access to magic items and stubborn.

That's some pretty good rules actually. I would hold of on the "lead by example" rule though, eitherwise you are looking at a hero choice that costs more than 200 pts without equipment! I would limit it to any unit he leads gets +1 cr instead, no stubborn, and lower his Ld to 8. Otherwise he would be superior to the other fighters in every way.

When I think of a Droyaska though, the image of the Blademaster from Warcraft III always pops up in my head. Might be something to think about...

(08-12-2009, 08:10 PM)BilboBaggins Wrote: I was thinking extra attack for each model in base contact and -1 to hit him in CC.

That would be very suiting for my Cathay list, Bilbo. I do have some plans there as well Wink
Is the Blademaster the night elf character who turns into a demon? Its been a while since i played.

Yeah the Lead by Example rule was one of the reasons I was holding back on the points. I like your solution apart from the Ld but maybe 6" would work as well. Or a toned down version of the Valtern rules might work. Say as long as one enemy is killed +1 CR.
(08-12-2009, 09:53 PM)Maeglin Wrote: Is the Blademaster the night elf character who turns into a demon? Its been a while since i played.

Yeah the Lead by Example rule was one of the reasons I was holding back on the points. I like your solution apart from the Ld but maybe 6" would work as well. Or a toned down version of the Valtern rules might work. Say as long as one enemy is killed +1 CR.
The Blademaster is the Orc who wields a large blade.

I don't know about this Blademaster. Being a master of blades seems more like Nippon Samurai or Cathayan rather than the Russian Kislevites. Warhammer races are always based around something, and it seems like you're stepping into someone elses territory with this one. It just doesn't seem to flow with the Kislev feel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnome Army List GorillaGorillaGorilla 3 9,921 10-18-2016, 01:49 AM
Last Post: caz88888
  Warhammer: Norse Tribes - Wolfborn (New Norse Army Book) Grim Squeaker 172 272,548 07-03-2015, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Grim Squeaker
  Cathay WIP Army Book M4cR1II3n 73 94,726 04-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Last Post: M4cR1II3n
  Warhammer Armies - Nippon (Army book) M4cR1II3n 48 77,868 02-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Last Post: RageofAeons
  Araby WIP Army List M4cR1II3n 103 130,234 09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
  My Gnoll Army List GorillaGorillaGorilla 3 7,246 07-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Last Post: GorillaGorillaGorilla
  Warhammer Armies: Norse - Army of Midgard Grim Squeaker 5 12,962 09-26-2010, 05:50 PM
  Willmark's Alternative Army Lists Willmark 12 18,488 04-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Tribun
  Albion Army List Vaz 16 19,564 04-16-2010, 10:35 AM
  Kislev Feral/Frost Dragon Vaz 18 21,237 04-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Solaris