The Paymasters Tent ... Tertius (re)builds the Cursed Company
I am starting a paint log to show my attempts to bring my Dogs of War Army back out of mothballs. I last played this Army back in the early 2000s (I think). These are (from memory) the troops I could select from:

Characters
1x Mounted mercenary general (on Pegasus)
1x Mounted wizard
1x Wizard on foot
1x Albion wizard on foot
3x Fenbeasts
Gotrex and Felix

RoR 
2x Albion Giants + Druid
16x Pirazzo's lost legion
5x Volands venators
8x Braganza’s Besiegers
8x Minotaurs (name escapes me)
9x Al Muktars desert dogs
10x Rugluds armoured orcs
6x Golfarg’s Armored Ogres
12+ Cursed Company

Other units
16x spearmen
12+ Duellists
1-2 cannons
5x vanilla heavy cavalry
5+ crossbowmen
16x Halberdiers

I have had to move/repack/store away my Warhammer collection several times since then. So the first thing I will work on is the Cursed Company. I always had this ambition to augment the authentic Citadel figures, Ruchter Krieger[sp?] etal., with as many other different metal skeleton figures as I can find, so that I ended up with a unit that looked like it had ‘recruited’ members from every other old world Army that existed. I'll be hunting up the old figures from storage, ordering new things, plus rooting thru the odds and ends of my figure collection to see what I might unearth. 
Photo 
[Image: JLAp4ZY_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

Posting these ^ for reference. Looks like there were seven in all.  Pretty sure I have Richter at least, and the dwarf. Was there ever an official banner design? or heraldry for the CC?
This appear to be the official GW studio regiment-
http://i.imgur.com/yTz7TXo.png

Richter himself has an Averland Shield with a simple halved design, and the banner is a skeletal arm and hand holding an upwards pointed sword atop a field of black.
Zark not believe in Democracy. We go left!
(09-16-2017, 06:18 AM)Tertius Wrote: Thanks for that Zark. 

With your information I was able to track down this image:

[Image: CCStandard_zpscb8qkrjp.jpg]

It is not the studio work, but it is another rendition of the design. There must be [Maybe there is?] some extended background story that mentions a skeletal hand grasping a sword. Or this painter just emulated the studio version.
Hello there, Tertius!

I've recall that the original banner design was simply party per pale, yellow and black. I've done the same scheme on mine. Regarding the picture with the skeletal hand wielding a sword, this could be referring to the sword carried by Richter Kreugar himself, which is called Blight - a magical sword.
[Image: dowomemsig.gif]

It's mine, mine, mine
For the taking
It's mine, boys
Mine me that gold!
I've just finished restoring the images on my log, thought these guys from my own Cursed Company may be of help with inspiration. The command group is standard but the rest of the unit are largely conversions (with a few standard skellies and zombies mixed in) - http://dogsofwaronline.com/forum/showthr...2#pid17622
I always thought the Cursed Company was one of the better ideas in terms of Regiments of Renown.

I found some skeletons after a bit of a rummage.

Btw, how do you post an image inline at a viewable size?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=352]

Aha! Victory ^ is mine ^ !  Skeletons from iKore (I think). Firbolg may have been a faction name (in their rules).
You need to host the pics on an external source like Imgur (NOT Photobucket unless you want to pay lots of money to make them viewable), then use the img tags. Imgur will generate tags for you, I suspect most other good hosts will too.
Skeletons Unboxed:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=353]
This is good. Three different poses and a mix of shields. Some unpainted Brets back there for scale. I need to find the skellies some square bases. (They came with rounds.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I got some reinforcements today. This is...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=354]
...a Skeletal Minotaur.  It is from Reaper Miniatures #3820. After I attach his skull, I will use it as a 2x2 unit filler. It will not fit on a base any smaller. (American penny for scale.)

Im thinking you're going to need a bit of green stuff on these guys to bulk them out a bit to fit the idea of the Cursed Company.
(10-05-2017, 05:31 PM)Willmark Wrote: Im thinking you're going to need a bit of green stuff on these guys to bulk them out a bit to fit the idea of the Cursed Company.

On the Skeleton guys or on the Minotaur ?
Not sure what would need bulking out ?

Edit: I found a measure tape with metric on one edge. The skeletons are 29, 30 and 32mm tall. The hafts of their scythes are about 3mm thick. (If 5mm = 1 scale foot, the hafts are 7 scale inches thick.)
Today's recruit:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=356]

DHL #2129 Skeleton w/2 Hand Sword, Sculpt credit: E. Pugh. ReaperMinis
Coin is a US Nickel. 5¢.

(10-05-2017, 05:31 PM)Willmark Wrote: I'm thinking you're going to need a bit of green stuff on these guys to bulk them out a bit...

Did you mean they ought to have more armor?

Along those lines I just found this inspiration image on a blog:
[Image: Moonstruck%2BLast%2BPush%2BCursed%2BComp...2BWave.jpg]
I have some of these plastics that I could attempt these same conversions with. I may need some skulls though. The picture is from The Hoodling's Hole:
http://hoodlinghole.blogspot.com/2015/06...h.html?m=1
Yeah basically. GW minis have bee on the "chunky side" for years in terms of proportion. If you are looking to mimic that you'll need to take that into account.
I have a new recruit. A very spindly fellow. Obviously malnourished in life. (...he's standing on a square 25x25mm base)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=357]

The sword does not have a hook at the end. That proved to be a bit of flash. I am tempted to do a sword swap with the previous recruit. But I don't think I have the skill or fine enough wire and drill bits to pin the swapped blades. I will look in the bits box for a shield to hang on his back. 

If the Cursed Cimpany kills a common skeleton (such as those in a VC army) it would still be raised (recruited) into the CC? If yes,  Would such a skeleton be chunky or spindly?

(09-16-2017, 07:38 AM)The Besieger Wrote: Hello there, Tertius!

I've recall that the original banner design was simply party per pale, yellow and black. I've done the same scheme on mine.

I found a good clear picture of that on Victor's shield just now.

[Image: CCChamp_zpsfdqffolc.jpg]

Did you do just the banner? Or the banner and Richters shield? Was Black/Yellow the livery of Averland? 

I wonder if each individual would have differently painted shields...Because they were from different armies  originally. Or would the unit paint all shields the same? (...between battles.) They do fight for money... ...it is not easy to think of things they'd spend it on, TBH.
(10-11-2017, 03:44 PM)Tertius Wrote: I have a new recruit. A very spindly fellow. Obviously malnourished in life. (...he's standing on a square 25x25mm base)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=357]

The sword does not have a hook at the end. That proved to be a bit of flash. I am tempted to do a sword swap with the previous recruit. But I don't think I have the skill or fine enough wire and drill bits to pin the swapped blades. I will look in the bits box for a shield to hang on his back. 

If the Cursed Cimpany kills a common skeleton (such as those in a VC army) it would still be raised (recruited) into the CC? If yes,  Would such a skeleton be chunky or spindly?

That sword almost looks too big Wink
It is a redonkulous sword.  Big Grin

Almost like that particular skelly, at some point after being recruited, snatched up a random weapon (that originally belonged to an Ogre) instead of his original kit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Free Company of Solland` Uryens de Crux 60 54,462 05-24-2011, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Uryens de Crux
  Slick's Mercenary Company Slick 70 55,417 01-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Slick