The Age of Sigmar opportunity
Hello, 

I think Age of sigmar gives us a great opportunity as all the units of order (so high elves, Dwarfs, Empire etc.) can be taken in one army, this can easily be used to create dogs of war in age of sigmar using counts as rules or just invent new regiments of renown after all the old warhammer world has ceased to exist.
(09-05-2016, 07:35 AM)0604854 Wrote: Hello, 

I think Age of sigmar gives us a great opportunity as all the units of order (so high elves, Dwarfs, Empire etc.) can be taken in one army, this can easily be used to create dogs of war in age of sigmar using counts as rules or just invent new regiments of renown after all the old warhammer world has ceased to exist.

I like this ^ bolded part. 

But maybe this thread should be combined with this older thread:
http://dogsofwaronline.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2366
I like the idea of inventing new units to use in AOS. 

These are the RoR that I have…might as well start with them. 
Albion Giants & Druid/Spellslinger
Pirazzo's Lost Legion
Voland’s Venators
Braganza’s Besiegers
Al Muktar’s Desert Dogs
Ruglud’s Armoured Orcs
Golfarg’s Armored Ogres
The Cursed Company

Should they be renamed if they are unofficial versions? If so, here is a draft set of alternate names for the seven above:

The Giants of Auldheim (or maybe Druidheim?)
Lost Regiment of Parazzono
Varland’s Venerators
Barraganza’s  Besiegers
Al-Tarmuk’s Desert Raider
Rudgul's Regimented Uürrkks™**
Grundark’s Armorplated Ogres
The Cursed Command

Renaming them allows the old models to be used but leaves open the possibility of re-theming some units. 

It also means that if Forgeworld or somebody decided to throw Dogs of War a bone and release scrolls under some of the old RoR  names then there would be less conflict.

**This alternative spelling of "huge goblins" is ™ & © Tertius; all rights reserved. ;-D
Does anyone remember a Dogs of War regiment that was Minotaurs?  

I have a very fuzzy memory of fielding a unit of Minotaurs...maybe my memory is jumbled.
Huh
If there never was one, I could See inventing one as a new AoS RoR.
It occurs to me most of the old Empire Models that were granted scrolls could have a Sell Swords version in addition. I quite like Sellswords as the new and improved name anyway. In AoS we new and improve the names of everything, because reasons. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ships in the Age of Sigmar Sharkbelly 8 3,144 09-16-2017, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Tertius
  Age of Sigmar Warscrolls Dark Shogun 12 7,661 02-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Maeglin