Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transition to KoW
I believe it is going to be very easy to do with Kings of War!

The sad thing for me is that it took me until the second edition to get into the game, having played Warhammer since 3rd edition, and lasting there until 8th.  I will not comment on my reasons for not moving on into AoS, just that it does not fit me or my play style.  I have tinkered with 9th Age too, but keep coming back to KoW.

With the three human style lists there is tons of variety to choose from if you want to make a Dogs of War list.  Plus, up to 25% of your army can be used as allies.  Kingdoms of Man have the big pike blocks, League of Rhodia has tons of halflings, the Brotherhood can work too.  You can use other "good" army lists for allies and, all "neutral" lists too.

I have my Dogs on the shelf just begging to be transitioned over, i was eyeing them just the other day, I think it's getting close to the time to get them back on the table where they belong!!!
Keep It Simple, Stupid!!!
Let us know your progress. While I haven't played KoW I've been keeping my eye on it.
I will have time this weekend to start rebasing some figures,

I think I'll be starting with some Halflings and Knights, for the League of Rhordia I do not have any Halfling cavalry though.  Might have to search around and find some, I've seen pony riding and chicken riding halflings around the net. 

Pikes!!!  We want pikes!!!

Angel

That was the one unit I did not have any of painted up.  In the past I ran one unit of dwarfs, two of halflings, two of xbows, two of cavalry, a flying character and a couple on foot.  Plus one cannon and the hot pot!

For KoW, there are Halfling engineers which make two of their machines elite, as they re-roll ones. 

Veddy nice!
Keep It Simple, Stupid!!!
(06-28-2016, 01:48 PM)Vinnie da Rat Wrote: I will have time this weekend to start rebasing some figures,

I think I'll be starting with some Halflings and Knights, for the League of Rhordia I do not have any Halfling cavalry though.  Might have to search around and find some, I've seen pony riding and chicken riding halflings around the net.

You mean like this?
[Image: CIMG0167.jpg]

http://chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread...43&page=14
Liking the look of Dogs of War in KOW !! Easily done in the KOM list there are ogres as well !!
[=http://dogsofwaronline.com/forum/index.php]
Link?