9th Age
Since folks have asked, we haven't started an Iron Crowns book yet.  We have a ton of other books to do first and, being a 100% volunteer organization, we are suffering a labor shortage.  If you want to see one done, either contact our HR department and sign up as a staff member or write your own and submit it under the Homebrew section.
Last year, people asked to work on writing the Mercs book, and were turned away by the 9A management, repeatedly.

Now that the novelty is gone, and interest is waning, are you finally, actively soliciting a Mercs book for 9A?

Well, I'm thinking it may well be too little, too late. Certainly, it's far too late for my group, and we've moved on.
Former Dogs of War General from 5th Edition Fantasy Battles, now retired
GW looks only intetested in reviving Dogs of War regiments of renown in the computer games. I don't like the way they are rebuilding the models, they will be dead soon if they keep on this way. Stormcast eternals??? Crap.
Hi fellows mercenaries

Working with RATSMASSESMIETTES, a french player, we have decided to create a homebrew for an army of mercenaries

The action take place in the south, in a land where no state exists but where big cities have preeminent power. Something like Renaissance Italy.
Each city fight with spy, assassins and armies to increase the influence on the others. Such cities have not the resources to maintain a big regular army permanently, so they usually use mercenaries from all other countries. The commerce provide enough money to hire troops so many warriors come to work in the Iron cities.

This is for the background. Now some explanations about the project.
Last year, with some enjoying persons from the Italian forum, we started to work on the book. (See my previous posts)
We were near from the finish but the release of the 1.2 version , new categories, difficulties with T9A team and so on, blocked our project.
Several weeks ago, RATSMASSESMIETTES published a very good version of his vision of a mercenary armies. Good ideas on the left, good ideas on the right... We decided to merge our work to provide you a good quality book.

We have the permission to work on T9A forum if we don't implies T9A staff and don't do anything to link T9A to the project.
Of course, we also need to preserve the GW intellectual property.

We hope you will like our work. Of course it is not perfect, so do not hesitate to give us some ideas or some corrections. We would really like to have many returns to make a very good book which can be used by regular players.

But enough talking : here is the link to our work : http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?t...post612409
(04-01-2017, 11:18 AM)Mirdhynn Wrote: Last year, with some enjoying persons from the Italian forum, we started to work on the book. (See my previous posts)
We were near from the finish but the release of the 1.2 version , new categories, difficulties with T9A team and so on, blocked our project.
Several weeks ago, RATSMASSESMIETTES published a very good version of his vision of a mercenary armies. Good ideas on the left, good ideas on the right... We decided to merge our work to provide you a good quality book.

We have the permission to work on T9A forum if we don't implies T9A staff and don't do anything to link T9A to the project.

As we've seen to date, T9A continues to be hostile toward Dogs of War players and development.  If T9A isn't supporting you, if your work won't become official T9A material, why would you do your development on the T9A site?  Why not rehost here?  Where your fellow Dogs of War players are?

Why not refocus on a Dogs of War homebrew for Age of Sigmar a la the General's Handbook?  AoS is growing, whereas T9A is failing and dying. 

Regardless of your direction, I wish you much luck in your project.
(04-01-2017, 06:24 PM)JohnHwangDW Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 11:18 AM)Mirdhynn Wrote: Last year, with some enjoying persons from the Italian forum, we started to work on the book. (See my previous posts)

As we've seen to date, T9A continues to be hostile toward Dogs of War players and development.  If T9A isn't supporting you, if your work won't become official T9A material, why would you do your development on the T9A site?  Why not rehost here?  Where your fellow Dogs of War players are?

Why not refocus on a Dogs of War homebrew for Age of Sigmar a la the General's Handbook?  AoS is growing, whereas T9A is failing and dying. 

Well

In my part of the world, AOS is not growing. T9A is the main fantasy game, just after Warmachines. I just don't know AOS rules.
So Yes, I try to make a T9A adaptation. I know that T9A board was not really fair with us. but I can understand that this is their own ass they risk with GW and they want to be carefull. They are not supporting us but they allowed me to post a homebrew while it was not really possible before. I assume this is because their Iron crown project is like political promises Big Grin . Their new edition take too much time to them and I don't think Iron crown is more than a far idea for them now.
So that 's why I start a project for T9A. And where can I touch most T9A players instead of on their own forum?
(04-02-2017, 03:48 AM)Mirdhynn Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 06:24 PM)JohnHwangDW Wrote:

Well

In my part of the world, AOS is not growing. T9A is the main fantasy game, just after Warmachines. I just don't know AOS rules.
So Yes, I try to make a T9A adaptation. I know that T9A board was not really fair with us. but I can understand that this is their own ass they risk with GW and they want to be carefull. They are not supporting us but they allowed me to post a homebrew while it was not really possible before. I assume this is because their Iron crown project is like political promises Big Grin . Their new edition take too much time to them and I don't think Iron crown is more than a far idea for them now.
So that 's why I start a project for T9A. And where can I touch most T9A players instead of on their own forum?

OK, fair enough.  Good luck!