Manann's Blades

Has anyone checked out these amazing new models from Forge World?

I think they could make a very very characterful unit of duellists, or quite a nifty unit of their own entirely.
I'm waiting for the rules to come out. I'm definitely getting the command, but I'd rather wait to see what else comes out. TBH, because the rules aren't for Dogs of War I'm not overly enthused about them.

DAMN! I think I have to buy those! Even if I won't even use them for gaming, they look like a must have for the collection. Might just have to write up some rules for them...
I rather go for the CD Infernal Guard!
I have a set of the blades. I plan to order the command and build a unit of swordsmen for my Marienburg army.
it says they are a merc regiment, if this was 6th edition they would be ours, I dont think anybody would stop us from using them, we havent got a new unit since the goblin hewer.
So they take away our armoured pike (Ricco's Republican Guard) and crossbows (Braganza's Besiegers) and give us overly expensive armoured swordsmen and armoured handgunners.

I hate Games Workshop.
(06-12-2011, 06:36 PM)Heavygear Wrote: So they take away our armoured pike (Ricco's Republican Guard) and crossbows (Braganza's Besiegers) and give us overly expensive armoured swordsmen and armoured handgunners.

I hate Games Workshop.

You can still get those :
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...tGameStyle=
I will be getting them when I have the proper funds. I just think they look rather dashing, so I will fit them in somewhere. And M4c, you sly swede, I'd love to see those rules if you get around to doing them. These guys just scream mercenary so something for the dogs of war is just a must.
(06-13-2011, 12:38 PM)Led_head11190 Wrote: I will be getting them when I have the proper funds. I just think they look rather dashing, so I will fit them in somewhere. And M4c, you sly swede, I'd love to see those rules if you get around to doing them. These guys just scream mercenary so something for the dogs of war is just a must.

Well, there has been some talk of making some more vanilla merc units that would be like a supplement to the Dogs of War book, i.e. units that do not quite make the cut into "official" but who might be interesting to play in friendly games.

But we'll deal with that when the time comes Wink
I have a set of 20 of these sitting on my desk waiting for me to find more time with them. They are amazing models, very detailed. I'm making them into halberdiers for my Paymasters bodyguard. The models do require alot of work though, not overly compatible with the state troop's arms. Nothing green stuff and alot of time won't fix though.

My plan is to take more pictures and make a thread about the progress here as I go but I still need to find some more time for that.