AoS Dogs of War and Empire
With Age of Sigmar replacing the muchly unloved Fantasy 8E, I've started selling off some generic Empire bits off of "Solland's Ghosts" to split my forces into a Dogs of War primary army and a secondary Empire army.

Dogs of War

This is all of the "sexy" stuff, invariably metal of some sort, larger pieces possibly converted for theme.

Borgio the Besieger
Asarnil the Dragonlord
Paymistress
Captain on Pegasus
Wizard Lord
Wizard

6 Voland's Venators
24 Ricco's Republican Guard
21 Leopold's Leopard Company
14 Braganza's Besiegers
8 Vespero's Vendetta

12 Mengil's Manhide
16 Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks
3 Ogres

Light Cannon
Galloper Gun
Giants of Albion

the Empire

And this is the classic Empire gunline, with the plastic bulk./

Empire General
Warrior Priest
Wizard Lord
2 Wizards

12 Greatswords

16 Knights
24 Handgunners
24 Crossbows

5 Pistoliers

2 Great Cannon
2 Helblasters

____

updated 2016-12-12 - reconfigure as Dogs of War v Empire
updated 2017-01-26 - NO Steam Tank (sold!), found Pistoliers
Former Dogs of War General from 5th Edition Fantasy Battles, now retired
Unfortunately, it's the way forwards these days. I'm keeping my dogs as a project, but am looking at a new army to get back into proper gaming.
Well, considering that I paint more than game, I am happy with my Dogs of War as a project!

I probably will never play much in a GW store, so my games will be limited to local stores and games between friends - perfect scenarios to use Dogs of War lists, or the fan-made Dogs of War list, or the Mercenary list from the TnG campaign.
I will continue playing my Dogs. I have not a shred of desire to play any other army. I have both a WE and Lizzie army and dont play them. I will play til they officially kill them. I play them locally -- with my game group and take them to Tournaments. No GW stores in Cleveland so I dont have to deal with them.

Sorry to see you leave the active rosters but hopefully you swing back again when/if they support the mutts again.
I will continue playing my Dogs. I have not a shred of desire to play any other army. I have both a WE and Lizzie army and dont play them. I will play til they officially kill them. I play them locally -- with my game group and take them to Tournaments. No GW stores in Cleveland so I dont have to deal with them.

Sorry to see you leave the active rosters but hopefully you swing back again when/if they support the mutts again.
To alcohol the cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
For all intents and purposes, GW has killed them:
* Not listed under Warhammer Armies
* Not mentioned in WFB rulebook
* Not sold as Dogs of War
* No 7E ruleset
* No 8E FAQ
Not sure what else GW could possibly do short of confiscating my minis...

That said, if GW ever does bring them back, I'll probably come back as well.
(10-02-2010, 05:30 PM)JohnHwangDW Wrote: That said, if GW ever does bring them back, I'll probably come back as well.
It's a shame to do that ! OK, GW does not support Dogs of War any more NOW but if the players don't surrender and still play their Dogs of War armies in tournaments and send questions about Dogs of War regularly, they may do something.
In Italia, players don't have surrender, they had still played their armies and GW Italia had put the 3 PDF V6 back on the website (in the events section, trone of skulls 2010). It's a start, their community is preparing a PDF for V8 like the other armies PDF.

I don't know what type of tournaments you have in US, UK and Canada, but in France and in Italia, GW only make the Throne of Skulls. All others are made by clubs, and the majority of organizers stills accept the Dogs of War list V6 and the Chaos Dwarfs (more dificult to adapt in V8). And the V6 list is prety much stronger than it was in V6 and V7.
If the Dogs of War army is still represented in tournaments statics for V8 and if the players pile on the presure by posting questions about Dogs of War to GW day after day, they may do the same thing than the studio of Italia.

It's now that players musn't surrender, or the army is definitely dead. Spam power ! (by e-mails and real mails)
The army is certainly dead (has been for some time) and not coming back (or it will in a form that is almost unrecognizable). Play them if you like them.
I agree, Shane.

If/when Dogs of War return, it certainly won't be like what we got in 6E. As a heavily-metal range, it will always have problems scaling the way that GW pushes plastics now, and won't have anywhere near the same flexiblity we currently see. My guess is that it'll be far narrower and RoR model-driven, with Dogs of War "generics" simply being the RoR without the Captain.

Dogs of War Tilean Core
Heavy Pikemen / Halberds (WS4 Ricco)
Pikemen (Leopold / Pizzaro)
Crossbows (BS4 Maximilan)
Duellists w/ LA & XHW (I5 Vespero) [lose knives & pistols]
Heavy Cavalry w/ Lances (S4 Voland)
Light Cavalry w/ HW & S (A2 Al Muktar) [lose Spear & Bow options]

And so on.

Regardless, it just won't be what we had before.
I wonder if a FAQ needs to be added for getting Dogs of War up to snuff in 8th edition?

I better search as I dint remember this being done AFAICR.
Under Age of Sigmar, I have been looking at my Dogs of War again, intent on selling off what I can and splitting the remainder into 2 "proper" Tileans RoRs and Empire.
Or just play older versions of Warhammer (as I do) and Games Workshop be damned...
On the plus side, I sold my Steam Tank and found my Pistoliers!
Whatever works for you I say go for it.
With my group not really excited over GW Fantasy of any sort, I'm much better off just selling the non-Dogs of War stuff that isn't already painted. Unlike Dogs of War, I can always re-buy Empire & Chaos models pretty easily.
(02-02-2017, 12:33 AM)JohnHwangDW Wrote: With my group not really excited over GW Fantasy of any sort, I'm much better off just selling the non-Dogs of War stuff that isn't already painted.  Unlike Dogs of War, I can always re-buy Empire & Chaos models pretty easily.

That's it. Ebay is a good market for older empire models and at low prices, since it was massively sold.
I sold my unpainted Dogs of War units in 2006 and now, after a hard search in local markets in Spain and ebay, I have all the regiments of renown, but my aim is finishing the paint work. Games workshop as a battle play died for me when they killed Dogs of War, and now I don't buy anything new, not even paints, that I buy from Vallejo colours. 
I'm totally disappointed with GW.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What draws you to the Dogs of War? Willmark 18 5,094 03-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Willmark
  dogs of war! Brendon899 6 5,917 05-19-2013, 06:19 AM
Last Post: M4cR1II3n
  Dogs of War FAQ M4cR1II3n 28 37,413 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Sartre
  Dogs of War in 8th Shane 5 4,842 03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Heavygear
  New rules on this site makes Dogs of War what Tier ? Richie Rich 8 6,920 03-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Last Post: M4cR1II3n
  Dogs of War Siege Equipment Sharkbelly 5 5,227 02-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Scalenex
  Ogre Pirates vs. Empire Sharkbelly 0 1,538 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Sharkbelly
  Evil Dogs of War Rhomdruil 5 5,911 12-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Rhomdruil
  The future of the Dogs of War Willmark 12 10,198 11-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Braden Campbell
  Dogs of War, what does the future hold? Willmark 13 12,740 03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Willmark